All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Version 22212 Patch Notes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am 
Carbon Dev

I don't think we've gone this long without a patch ever! As those of you who were with us over the holiday, you probably noticed that much of our time was spent on server work. We're happy to say we think the worst is behind us, and we look forward to making actual positive improvements on the nice foundation we laid.

While the programmers were intensely focused on server and backend work, we did manage to spend some time on the art side making improvements to some maps we have been meaning to for a long time. There will be ongoing work to clean those up, build custom props and make them look really nice. It also gives us a chance to try out some of the things we need for the Editor tools we're going to give to the players in the future.

We're continuing to add more abilities/upgrades to the AirMechs. Eventually all of them will have the full set of 8, and it is our goal for each AirMech to feel "OP" in it's own special way. We've streamlined picking up your built Upgrades, though there's more work to be done here since things like Guardians don't feel as smooth as we like. It's a new system, and we need to continue to iterate on it and get it feeling right.

We've decided to take a step back from making the Unit Cap stuff complex, and every unit (in general) will cost 1 upkeep. To balance this out, things will cost more and take longer to build. It won't really affect things on the low end, but big heavy units will both have more health and require more of an investment to build. We'll be actively balancing this based on games played this week, so feel free to leave feedback in the forums. While some strategies you've been using the past few weeks might not work anymore, remember that new ones are suddenly valid.

Updates:
- Duel has been updated with new visuals
- Salt has been updated with new visuals
- New Bomber abilities: Whirlwind and Energy Drain
- Missile Burst ability has been added to the Helix
- New Warthog abilities: Ammo and Power Shield
- New Saucer ability: Debuff DPS
- New Osprey abilities: Restore and Heal Nova
- New Neo ability: Radar Disrupt
- Armor ability added to Paladin
- More new sound effects
- Black Jetpack Cat has been removed from the Shop (1000 have been sold)

Bug Fixes:
- Fix so that FF2000 does not target outpost latched infantry
- Fixed a bug where the displayed upgrade time for guardians wasn’t always correct
- Fixed a bug regarding the tech display not showing correct info on UI
- Fixed a bug where carried units would always drop when out of fuel

Balance Changes:
- Most units now take 1 unit cap, and will have increase costs and build times instead
- Bucky is a tiny bit more accurate
- Starting money reduced to 20,000 from 25,000
- AirMech armor increased to 80 from 50

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Version 22212 Patch Notes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 am 
Alpha Hero + Beta Lord + Diamond VIP

I like the patch so far!

Any indication on how much more accurate bucky is? (I know the cone is something like 10 or 12 degrees...)

IMO bucky (which has a specific role of being the bridge between artillery and tanks) should be able to land shots consistently at it's maximum range. If it means it gets a fire rate reduction, that is fine. Please give it perfect accuracy!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:00 pm 
Diamond VIP

feels like its almost impossible to neutralize an outpost, thats a bit annoying for 1v1.
except for that i'm liking the update.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:17 pm 
Carbon Dev

YellowSavior wrote:
feels like its almost impossible to neutralize an outpost, thats a bit annoying for 1v1.

What are other people's thoughts on this? We changed the math on how much health each bulb/infantry has, and I'd definitely like input on it.

For sure it's harder to take an outpost than before, but think in the context of the big picture--this means it's harder for your enemy to take your outposts. Less defense is needed to keep them, and more offense is needed to take one.

We could have gone too far in that direction, but it's a change to try and find the sweet spot of not too hard, not too easy and the resulting combat around them feels "right".

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 pm 
Beta Lord

Thank you for fixing the FF2000 bug. It was sad to see certain players abusing this bug in matchmaking.

Nonetheless, i'd like to clarify if Otakuma's New Years Balance Changes have been pushed or not? On that regard, yes it has been too long without a patch, and we're finally seeing the development of the new Upgrade System being fully revealed + being balanced. Keep up the progress and soon we'll have a finished game!

Below level 5? Go to Social > Referrals:
Enter: Valinor

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm 

+ no inscriptions RUSSIAN VERSION
PLAY-MATCH !!!LOCATIONS!!
PLAY-CUSTOM !!!!!CREATE GAME!!!!

I'm waiting for it

make for Airmech Prime - Achievements
more convenient menu fractions
upgrade support for Russian language
ability to write in chat in Russian!!
that all worked to achieve! Could not open the achievement

Win an online match between 19:50 and 20:00
Share 28 cakes

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:00 pm 
Beta Lord

I'll check out this update as soon as possible. I'm curious where the unit cap change came from because I thought what we had currently was stable, I assume simplicity is better if you can get it to work.

I am going to give Saucer more of a try this week, but it's ability feels so wrong for it. I'd rather switch Warthog new power shield with Saucer ' s aoe debuff. I'll play and test and see how it goes I guess.

http://twitter.com/AirMechOutpost
http://airme.ch/1gX835l
My Twitter:
http://twitter.com/Insomniac311

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:34 pm 

CarbonJames wrote:
YellowSavior wrote:

What are other people's thoughts on this? We changed the math on how much health each bulb/infantry has, and I'd definitely like input on it.

For sure it's harder to take an outpost than before, but think in the context of the big picture--this means it's harder for your enemy to take your outposts. Less defense is needed to keep them, and more offense is needed to take one.

We could have gone too far in that direction, but it's a change to try and find the sweet spot of not too hard, not too easy and the resulting combat around them feels "right".

I agree it's too hard to neutralize. Previous patch it was relatively easy, which made attacking and harassing better. Now it's too turtly. You cant even neutralize the post before the infantry inside the post kill you.. they hurt so much more than you would expect.

Also, I have noticed seekers being so overpowered since the v2/v1.5 changes. What kind of stealth changes have been happened to mech health and seeker damage/range? They suddenly have a ridiculous 28 range as well.
This combined with the fact that outpost can run out of energy encourages seeker spam A LOT. I have seen it in every 3v3 game so far this patch. It removes the entire mech aspect of the game. Can't do anything besides flying around pointlessly and waiting while the player with the most artys wins the boring turtle fight.

Just my opinion, I don't mean to sound mad or anything. Can't play the game anyways with all the desyncs :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 pm 

CarbonJames wrote:
YellowSavior wrote:

From playing this patch, I do think it has gone a tad over. But tougher outposts actually increase turtle-ing as though less defense is needed there is still a lot of defense it is much harder to push and causes stalemates which leads to turtle-ing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm 
Carbon Dev

CarbonJames wrote:
YellowSavior wrote:

One point; in the next patch, there is a fix where outpost infantry won't be able to target/shoot attackers on the far side of the outpost. This is a known issue with the current build, and when it's fixed that will somewhat reduce the defensive firepower of held outposts.

Offline Profile